Wednesday, May 19, 2010

spring/summer food runway

Hello foodies,

So sorry for the long overdue post but I come back bearing gifts!
As you all know spring is amongst us and summer is just around
the corner and with these sunny seasons comes new menu's, recipes,
fruits, veggie's and just new food in general!!! I am personally stoked,
as of recently I have made a personal decision to abstain from meat and
have pretty much cut out fast food in my personal menu after watching
fast food nation. I went from eating meat twice a week, to once,
to barely and I feel great! Being a normal early twenty something girl
and having all these accessibility to various foods is both a curse and
blessing. It's hard to weed out the bad from the good when there are soo
many options.When doing this blog it started out as something fun and
a log for the things I gained out of my food, land and culture course.
Since then I personally feel that I have grown not just waist size but
consciously grown aware of what I am eating where it comes from,
and well what I am getting out of it. Lets just say my short term break
was in a sense a food makeover. So a personal thank you to those who
read this little thing, this is going to sound ultra cheesy but let's eat
together and spread the word about healthy, sustainable eating.
I'm going to try my best to help not only myself but you out to make
good decisions on where to eat, what to eat, and
also save some money while doing so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment